Happy Mother's Day to all you mums out there!
I'm pleased to say that my mother is one cool lady, digital photography aficionado, social networking fiend, brilliant grandma and all round nice guy!
Like all mums, she is a veritable font of wisdom, and in her honour I'd like to post the following list:
Everything I need to know about life I learned from my Mum
- I wasn't born in a tent.
- My father doesn't own the power company, nor does he work in a glass factory.
- There's no such thing as a free ride.
- Things have changed since she was a girl.
- Money doesn't grow on trees.
- If she's cold I will wear a jumper.
- We're not paying to heat/cool the great outdoors.
- She didn't come down in the last shower.
- You get back twice what you give out.
- When I get a nice lounge suite, she's going to come round and jump on it!
- The dishes will still be there, no matter how long you hide in the toilet.
And the most important thing I learnt from my mum, (and it seems Oscar Wilde picked up on it too ...)
“All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.”
Happy Mother's Day Jan! You're a legend!